COOP’16 Interactive Experiences track is a venue for performing interactive experiences that represent, reflect upon and instantiate the conference theme: Making Together.
The submissions can be about artistic experiments, digital artefacts or interactive installations which emphasize making and collective action such as community engagement, civic participation, or collective making and digital fabrication. They can be static or itinerant.
Interactive experiences offer a possibility for less-traditional academic presentations. In addition to fascinating outcomes, we are very interested in projects that reflect upon methods and processes, and successes and failures in their application.
Interactive experiences submission content:
For all: Visual portfolio with photos, video data or other kinds of presentation of the interactive experience. A document indicating the technical and logistical requirements. In order to facilitate the selection process, we would appreciate if authors provide an example of how the experience can be integrated into the conference.
Documents should be compressed and sent to email@example.com
In addition, authors have the possibility to submit a paper – maximum 5 pages formatted according to the Springer template (you can download an example of the template HERE). Submissions will take place via Easychair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=interactive-exp-coop2016
Selected papers will be included in the conference proceedings.
All submissions should be anonymised. Names and institutional identities should not appear in the title. Further suppression of identity in the body of the paper is left to the authors’ discretion.
Interactive Experiences selection process
Contributions will be selected through a double-blind review process. Our review process will emphasize feasibility, quality, originality, and the capability to bring people together in a collective action. We encourage submissions which allow people to engage with the artistic experiments, digital artefacts or interactive installations during the conference in a collective manner. Link to the submission system will be published soon.
Making Together – themes:
- community engagement/civic participation
- collective making/collaborative (urban) prototyping
- digital fabrication
- cultural production
- design activism
- open-hardware movements
- grassroots communities
Interactive experiences committee
- Susan Kozel – Malmö University (Sweden)
- Oscar Tomico – Eindhoven University of Technology (Netherlands)
- Fabio Morreale – University of Trento (Italy)
- Erik Grönvall – IT University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Liesbeth A. Huybrechts – Hasselt University (Belgium)
- Niels Wouters – Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium)
- Victor Zappi – University of British Columbia (Canada)
- Laurens Boer – IT University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Ilias Bergstrom – KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Sweden)
- 22th January 2016 – Interactive Experiences submission deadline (extended)
- 19nd February 2016– Notification of acceptance
- 26th February 2016– Final versions of camera-ready papers
- 25-27th May 2016- Conference in Trento, Italy