The COOP 2016 Doctoral Colloquium will be a forum in which Ph.D. students meet and discuss their work with each other and the DC chairs. It offers each student the opportunity for receiving comments and fresh perspectives on their work from researchers and students outside their own institutions. This is also a way to promote the development of a supportive community of scholars and a spirit of collaborative research. The Doctoral Colloquium will be held on Tuesday 24th May 2016 as part of the COOP 2016 Conference in Trento (Italy)
We invite students who are working in the broad field of cooperative systems, social computing and CSCW to apply. The strongest candidates will be those students who have a well-established research proposal and have made some progress towards it, but still have time to benefit from advice and feedback by peers and senior colleagues. Selected candidates will be asked to give short, informal presentations during the Colloquium. These will be followed by extensive group discussion in a friendly and constructive workshop.
1. A 4-page overview of your doctoral research, stating your research questions, level of advancement, and expected contributions. The paper template are available from: http://www.coop2016.unitn.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/template-for-Word-users.doc. Submissions should include names, affiliations and contact information.
2. A short (2-3 paragraph) biography.
3. A paragraph stating what you hope/expect to gain from attending the COOP 2016 Doctoral Colloquium.
4. A letter from your supervisor indicating that they support your application to theCOOP 2016 Doctoral Colloquium and that they agree that your research is at an appropriate stage for participation. These letters should also indicate how you and other students might benefit from your participation in the colloquium.
All files should be submitted through Easychair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=coop2016). Please add files separately to the appropriate fields on the submission page.
At the conference: Accepted submissions will be presented at the Doctoral Colloquium which is open only to participants. The camera-ready version of your four-page overview paper will be published online on the Conference Website.
Doctoral Colloquium Chairs
- Luigina Ciolfi – Sheffield Hallam University (UK)
- David Hakken – Indiana University (USA)
Important dates (extended)
- 25th March 2016 – Submission deadline
- 5th April 2016 – Notifications
Important Note: Authors of accepted DC papers are required to register for the full COOP 2016 Conference. Please note that DC attendance is on an invitation basis only.
For queries please contact Luigina Ciolfi (firstname.lastname@example.org)